Nail Fungus Treatment
It is an infectious disease caused by nail fungus, mold, and yeast fungi. At first, it starts as a stain on the nail tip and causes the following conditions on the nail unless it is treated:
- Deformity of the nail
- Color change in the nail
- Thickening of the nail
- Excessive brittleness of the nail
Nail fungus does not cause pain early in the process, but it can cause serious pain later on. Mushrooms usually grow easily in hot, humid, and stuffy environments. Also, if foot and hand hygiene are not paid enough attention to, the fungus can occur. Usually, fungi have a structure that spreads to the entire nail by entering through the nail tips or broken parts of the nails.
Nail fungus has started to be seen especially in the elderly. This disease is very common today, as blood flow slows with age. The disease can be diagnosed during the examination. At Zen Polyclinic, we offer you the best treatment with our professional experts.
How to Treat Nail Fungus?
At Zen Polyclinic, we offer you treatment in a hygienic and clean environment with our professional experts. In fungal treatments, energy is used under the nail plate in order not to affect the skin and nail surface. There are many different types of laser for nail fungus in laser treatment. Short and long-pulse Nd: Yag lasers, Ti: Sapphire lasers and Q switched lasers can be given as examples. Especially Nd: Yag lasers are among the most effective laser types today. Nd: Yag laser can go 3-5 mm deep in the tissue and can increase the tissue temperature to high temperatures. Most mushrooms can disappear at certain temperatures. You will get rid of fungi with the laser treatment we provide as Zen Polyclinic.
How Do Lasers Treat Nail Fungus?
Laser beams have a certain temperature thanks to their energy. With this heat, the bacteria formed by fungi are dried and destroyed. At the beginning of the treatment, priority is given to the elimination of fungi, and the color and shape of the nail are started to be corrected in later sessions. In the end, the nail starts to grow. Care must be taken to prevent the fungus from being seen again.
Fungal Treatment Stages
As the fungus treatment progresses, you will notice that the yellowing of your nails decreases. We can say that the lines on the nail surface will disappear. If your nail is thickened, your nail should be thinned by the podologist or a part of the nail bed should be thinned with fractional laser application so that the laser light can reach the substrate. The process begins with priority on attack therapy. 4 or 5 sessions are started to be applied in 7-10 days. Then, 15-20 days intervals are preferred, and the sessions continue. At these intervals, 4-5 sessions are applied and the patient is invited for control within 1-2 months. If your nail fungus disease is in a serious condition, it is predicted to continue treatment using antifungal drugs. If only one nail catches nail fungus, it takes all of your nails to be treated. At Zen Polyclinic, we give you treatment with the most advanced technology devices today. We recommend that you choose us to improve your appearance and health.
How to Prevent Nail Fungus?
To avoid nail fungus, the primary concern is hand and foot hygiene. Even if the nail fungus bacteria is present in our body, we can prevent it from spreading or reproducing in the body. At Zen Polyclinic, we want to share with you the ways to prevent nail fungus. Here are ways to protect:
- You should pay attention to the breathability in your shoe preferences, and also, having a comfortable shoe makes your feet comfortable.
- You should wash your feet regularly every day and take care to dry them.
- Your socks may become moist or dirty during the day, so we recommend that you change them during the day.
- Swimming pool, gym, etc. You should not use common items in areas and also you should not stand bare feet in such places.
- If you have previously had nail treatment, the shoes, slippers, etc. you used during the treatment process. We recommend that you do not use your belongings. If you use these items, there is a possibility that the mushrooms will reproduce. Therefore, attention should be paid.
- The antifungal powder has a structure that prevents the formation and growth of fungi. If you wish, you can pour it into your shoes and slippers.
- Your nails grow regularly every month. If your nails have an uncomfortable size when they are in the process of growing, you should cut your nails regularly.
- There are care products you use for your nails. These care products are nail clippers, nail files, etc. You should not share these products with others, as this happens. You are more likely to catch nail fungus from these common products.
Topical Treatment Method for Nail Fungus
Topical treatment is generally preferred in mild cases of nail fungus. Nowadays, medicated nail polish provides a much more effective treatment than antifungal creams. Nail polishes containing antifungal agents such as Cyclopirox and Amorolfin are among the most frequently used methods in the treatment of nail fungus. These medicated polishes are applied regularly on nail fungus and will be very effective in eliminating nail fungus. Treatment takes a long time with this method, but you can be sure that you will get an effective result.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Nail Fungus Treatment
We have provided you with information on nail fungus treatment. Now you can take a look at the questions we have prepared for you.
Does Laser Have Any Damage to Nails?
At Zen Polyclinic, there is no harm in the treatment of nail fungus with laser. Our laser kills fungi without causing pain in the nails.
How Many Sessions Is Nail Fungus Treatment Done?
Nail fungus treatment may differ in sessions depending on the patient's condition. But usually, 4-5 sessions are done.